Asian Eye Institute offers comprehensive eye exams for adults and children. Comprehensive eye exams are done to evaluate your vision and your overall eye health. Our optometrists check on the eye grade, while our ophthalmologists determine if you have signs of an eye problem and if you need further evaluation and treatment by a subspecialist, ensuring that you will get quality care from the most qualified medical professional.
A comprehensive eye exam is necessary, regardless of age or health. It can help save your sight, especially because:
- Most eye problems have no early warning signs.
- Having a family member with an eye problem puts you at risk for developing one yourself.
- While blurry vision commonly caused by refractive errors (nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism), it can also be a symptom of a more potentially blinding eye disease.
- Premature babies are at higher risk for eye conditions that may result in permanent blindness.
- Diabetics are at risk of developing eye diseases like cataract and diabetic retinopathy. If left untreated, it may lead to blindness.
- Hypertension can cause eye problems that can lead to distorted vision or vision loss.
- Age-related eye conditions are likely to develop starting age 40.
- It can detect other health problems like diabetes and hypertension.